[opendtv] Re: Low-Power KAXT Goes Digital With 20 Sub-Channels Available

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 07:37:06 -0700 (PDT)

Reality Check:
KAXT may be carrying a TOTAL of 20 Sub-Channels, but only 12 of them are Video,
the others are
low rate AC-3 at either 48 kbps or 56 kbps.  There are 3 Video channels at
about 2 Mbps and the
remaining average around 1.3 Mbps....which is probably just fine for shopping
channel static displays:
http://www.w6rz.net/kaxt.htm

holl_ands