[opendtv] Re: IPTV versus internet TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:10:28 -0500

John McClenny wrote:

> http://breeze.brightcove.com/p47258018/

I can't imagine any presentation that could reflect what
we have discussed on here more precisely. IPTV is a
cable service replacement, walled garden, functionally
identical to cable, whereas video over the Internet is
an extension of the WWW. With numerous problems to be
solved if this has to provide real-time high quality TV
images.

By the way, in advance, let me predict that Craig will
claim this is what he was saying all along? ;)