[opendtv] Re: IPTV on AP: Interactive TV Poised for a Rollout (Feb 13)

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:29:24 -0500

At 3:39 PM -0800 2/14/05, Kon Wilms wrote:
>On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 18:02 -0500, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
>>  The cable approach still offers the undeniable
>>  advantage that a customer, should he be so inclined, can
>>  watch and/or record any reasonable number of programs
>>  he chooses. With appropriate RF amp, even 20 or more
>>  HDTV streams at a time should be straightforward. Try
>>  that with IPTV.
>
>Yup. The big shocker will come when the tech-savvy consumer decides he
>wants to install 4 IPTV PVRs in his home and have each one of them
>recording 2+ streams simultaneously.

Yup. Sounds like your average home to me.

What if the PVR's are in the CO instead of your home?

What if the scheduling conflicts are handled by simply rescheduling
the time that the bits you want are delivered to local cache.

There are only so many hours of content that any human can consume.

I am growing so tired of legacy thinking...