[opendtv] Re: [Fwd: Google Alert - fcc broadcast flag]

  • From: Henry Baker <hbaker1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:44:11 -0700

Don't forget the Blue Screens of Death (BSOD's).  At the Mandarin Oriental
in NYC, all of the rooms have TV's controlled by Windows Media Edition PC's.
I left the TV on & fell asleep, and was awakened in the middle of the night
by a BSOD and a machine making all kinds of funny noises.  What was worse,
was the fact that there was no ctl-alt-del button.  I was going to power
cycle it, but there's no power button.  Finally, I had to move the dresser,
which doubled as the base of the TV, and weighed about 400 pounds, to get
access to the power cord and power cycle it the old fashioned way.