[opendtv] Re: [Fwd: Google Alert - fcc broadcast flag]

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:12:48 -0700

The hardware mod is different to the xbox/linux project, which requires
no meddling with the hardware. You can use either method, it seems:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#04

It is possible to also run Freevo on the Xbox (or MythTV or any other
PVR software that runs on Linux, due to availability of Xebian (Xbox
Debian) and other distros):
http://www.xbox-linux.org/docs/multimedia.html

XBMC will resample and use the onboard GPU to additionally filter
sources i.e. when you run the output at 720p or 1080i using the HD
conversion box and playback a DVD.

Cheers
Kon