[opendtv] Re: Fwd: {Disarmed} [Fwd: {Disarmed} [cbaloop] LPTV Industry Files Suit Today To Stop Distribution of Illegal DTV Converter Boxes]

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:38:32 -0400

John Willkie wrote:
Remember the FCC approving a single-channel TV set? That was appealed, and the FCC won. “All Channel” notwithstanding.

No, I do not recall this at all. Quite the opposite.

I do remember around ?1982?, Samsung wanting to sell an analog TV in the US capable of receiving either channel 3 or 4 for those who wanted to use their VCR as a TV tuner because those tuners were better than what was in the TVs.

I think I remember this idea being quashed by the FCC, and I remember reading about it in Broadcast Engineering.