[opendtv] Re: Fwd: {Disarmed} [Fwd: {Disarmed} [cbaloop] LPTV Industry Files Suit Today To Stop Distribution of Illegal DTV Converter Boxes]

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:22:48 -0400

At 6:54 PM -0400 3/26/08, Tom Barry wrote:
Personally I think the FCC should call their bet and raise them one, moving up the date they too will have to go all digital.

- Tom

personally, I believe that they MIGHT have done a better job a year ago when the specifications were originally released by the NTIA, but THIS DOES NOT absolve the government from the responsibility to protect their franchise and enforce its own laws.

There was no legitimate reason for this snafu. Just another example of why bureaucracies are ill prepared to deal with the real world.