[opendtv] From jhalphen-Paris/France

  • From: Olivier Houot <olho_avatar_i@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 05:15:29 +0100

jhalphen wrote :

For once we're not 10 years behind everyone else ...

Actually it is remarkable that we are exactly ten years behind the US for
terrestrial HD, as the first broadcasts started in 1998 (wikipedia says October
29th, 1998). Slightly better than for color deployment, starting in 1953 in the
US, and 1967 in France.

Perhaps we could have waited 2 more years to use DVB-T2... But standard DVB-T
will do for now.

Another thing : it was said at some point that the three channels in a
multiplex would use CBR, but according to this site, there is statmux on the R5
HD-only multiplex, with a 14 Mbps peak datarate:

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dbr.php?link=0&sat=60&mux=R5&pid=1282&live=1&note=1&lang=fr