[opendtv] Re: From jhalphen-Paris/France

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:50:43 +1300

Hi Cliff,

You wrote "France was the first country to enter Free Terrestrial HDTV
broadcasting using MPEG-4 technology."

Actually, that is not so. New Zealand has been operating Free to air
Terrestrial DTV (DVB-T) in HD using MPEG-4 since April this year . I know,
I'm using it. Fantastic picture quality. STBs are now around  NZ $298. Our
version also uses AAC+ audio. Check out the New Zealand Freeview website.

Regards

Barry Wilkins