[opendtv] Re: Finland's DTV Transition Lesson

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:51:10 -0500

One would have to wonder what her analog reception is like with that same antenna setup.

Clearly, although she had 'viewable' NTSC with set top rabbit ears, she got little to no ATSC.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

My colleague at work just converted his mother-in-law to DTT this
weekend. He said she had been getting by with "painfully bad" analog
reception for years, with rabbit ear antenna. Apparently, a nearby water
tower creates a lot of ghost.

Luckily, her fireplace faces in the correct direction for the major Wash
and Balt transmitters, and she doesn't use it to build fires. He set her
up with a DB4 antenna and a CECB, tried the antenna in the fireplace as
I told him I had done, and she now gets solid reception of some 24
channels. He says the Baltimore channels come in too. He was not able to
receive the two oddball stations toward the west with the current setup.