[opendtv] Re: Finland's DTV Transition Lesson

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:39:07 -0500

We only get calls from people who lose us after setting up their shiny new CECB.

9 times out of 10 the analog was snowy but usable with set top rabbit ears (more importantly, the UHF loop part of the rabbit ears,) but ATSC won't lock up reliably.

We're also at a disadvantage because the two VHFs in our market have maxed out EFPs of 1 Mw on UHF, while we're allocated only 50 Kw.

"I can get 6 and 10, but I can't get you guys anymore..."  Sigh.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'd love to see statistics that describe this sort of experience. We
hear only about those who experience failures. We don't hear about those
who get better service or an easier setup after switching to digital.
(Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's wrong to highlight the
failures, or things would never improve.)