[opendtv] Re: Disney Suspends Video-On-Demand Trial

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:46:21 -0500

John Shutt wrote:

> I opened up a Square Shooter last year, and it is basically a printed
> circuit antenna.  It's only forte is an extremely high front to back ratio
> similar to a Silver Sensor,

Actually, its better than that. It has substantially better gain than
a simple two-element tuned to channel Yagi, and in concert
with this a respectably narrow beam. This is due to it having
elements longer than a tuned Yagi.  This of course is at UHF,
where it is quite broadband. It does have strange polarization
properties, I'm referring to horizontal polarization.

Doug McDonald