[opendtv] Re: Disney Suspends Video-On-Demand Trial

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:49:29 -0400

John Shutt wrote:

> And we were so looking forward to installing the Dotcast
> equipment on our NTSC transmitter.
>
> /sarcasm

The blurb didn't explain what the upgrades, other than to
say HD content. I was looking for something like "using
ATSC for transport," or some such. Surely, they can't be
still thinking NTSC?

Speaking of ATSC, Randy Tomlinson reviewed the Winegard
Square Shooter antenna in the current version of The
Perfect Vision and claimed it was quite good. He said it
couldn't match conventional antennas for analog reception.
Analog signal had lots of snow, he says. Yet it was
remarkably good for DTT, picking up signals from 40 miles
away in difficult hilly terrain.