[opendtv] Re: DVB-T receiver at $33/pcs

  • From: Eory Frank-p22212 <Frank.Eory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:58:40 -0700

>Taiwan
>
>TTFN,
>Mark
>
>John Shutt wrote:
>>
>>I don't know of any countries currently doing DVB-T that are also NTSC
>>countries. Perhaps in the near future in South America? Now if we can just
>>get a couple of SCART to RCA adaptor cords thrown in...

Of course, how could I have forgotten Taiwan? They are, after all, the only
ATSC country that had the cojones to publicly recognize that the 8-VSB emperor
has no clothes and to make the switch to low-cost, reliable modulation. And you
can guess where they get their DVB-T STBs -- probably for less than half the
price quoted to Mark Aitken.

-- Frank