[opendtv] Re: DVB-T receiver at $33/pcs !

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:03:23 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

>Note however that LG said they could sell their ATSC
>STB for $50 retail, didn't they?

Motorola and NxtWave also said their 2nd-generation chips eliminated multipath
problems.  And, if I recall correctly, when LG demonstrated their
5th-generation circuitry in April 2003, they said they expected it to be in
products by the end of that year.

We have heard many things said during the DTT transition; not as many things
have been done.

TTFN,
Mark