[opendtv] Re: DRM+ or DAB+?

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:44:20 +1300

Hi Bert,

I no not pretend to be fully informed of all the relative merits and
otherwise of the DAB+ versus DRM+ technologies. I understand though that
DAB+ may be better suited to multiplexed transmissions.

Apparently the intention is to bring out combination DAB+/DRM+ radios at
least in Europe and I believe down here also. I presume this about covers
the bets in this regard.

Perhaps a look at this website may be of use:

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/economic_analysis_of_dab_dab+_drm+_dvbh.htm#Distribution_costs_per_station

Regards
Barry