[opendtv] Re: Chairman Copps to Silicon Valley

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 20:09:39 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

Chairman Copps is talking as if the consolidation of the traditional

news media is being caused by some unreasonable level of greed on their part.

As if, here are the big bad news media trying to take away a divine mandate they have,

to give the poor huddling masses the news.

If not from the broadcasters, then from whom do we get the news?

Try describing the many images of the oil leaking from the Deepwater Horizon
in a 5 minute radio newscast, if you can find one.

Last I knew, there is still an FCC rule that forbids the transmission of 'false or deceptive' information over the airwaves.

'Slanting or distilling' the news as fits any broadcast news organization's editorial policy could be interpreted as coming under this rule and be subject to the appropriate penalties and fines.

Old Soviet saying: “There is no Pravda in Izvestiya and there is no Izvestiya in Pravda”

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3993

Cliff