[opendtv] Re: Cable Hookup

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:55:32 -0400

He is receiving something like basic cable. On the set with an HD
tuner he says he is receiving analog and digital channels from 2-13.
On the set without an HD tuner he is only receiving 2-13 analog.

All he is connecting to either set is a cable. I thought he would not
be able to receive digital channels at all without a digital cable
box. You have explained that he could receive them it seems.

I thought that maybe, somehow, he was receiving the digital channels
OTA with the cable somehow operating as an antenna.

I am not that technical and it was giving me a headache.

Thanks

Bob Miller