[opendtv] Re: Cable Hookup

  • From: "James Albro" <jalbro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:00:05 -0400

OTA channel 14 has its visual carrier at 471.25 MHz., the lowest cable
channel at or above this frequency is channel 66, at 475.25 MHz. (IRC
channel plan, HRC is similar).  So if the cable system has less than 70
analog channels (2-66 plus 95-99) and the TV set was set for OTA reception
it wouldn't see any analog channels except 2-13, even if the tuner was able
to "fine-tune" the carrier frequency difference.

Also, cable channel "UHF" frequencies are different from OTA.  For example,
OTA channel 14 falls between cable channels 65 (469.25 MHz.) and 66 (475.25
MHz.) (IRC).  The difference continues through the channel plan.