[opendtv] Re: CW Coming To Apple TV As First Network To Offer Access Without A Cable Subscription

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 10:04:28 -0400

On May 17, 2013, at 3:44 PM, "Manfredi, Albert E"
<albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There you go. Maybe now you'll see what I was getting at.

Perhaps. I did post this for your benefit.

But CW needs every serf of eyeballs they can get. As I have stated repeatedly,
if the MVPDs had to offer every channel on an ala carte basis we would probably
see most channels drop subscriber fees.

The problem Bert is that there is very little high value - must see TV out
there. By only allowing access to the best stuff via MVPDs they can get away
with charging monopoly rents for the good stuff. The not so good stuff is
another story.