[opendtv] Re: Arguments on CATV from the 1960s

  • From: Mark Aitken <MAitken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:06:27 +0000

Some might argue Craig is onto something, except he seems to have forgotten
about the notion of a 'spectrum utility' (with a new standard, amongst other
things, 20 channels of HDTV might be possible...I would not simply take the
math posed...). I can assure you that (like it or NOT!), maximizing Nielsen
'eyeballs' is core. "If you cannot measure, they do not exist". Retrans, yes,
important. But the rest is not lost...

Mark