[opendtv] Re: Arguments on CATV from the 1960s

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 20:05:26 -0400

What if the extra eyeballs benefit the broadcaster more than the CATV system?
Or more to the point, what would it cost the broadcaster to operate a low power
repeater to serve the same homes? Then multiply that by the number of stations
delivered by the CATV system.

And remember, this content is broadcast in the clear, and SCOTUS has already
ruled that we can make personal copies.