[opendtv] Re: ATSC software download standard

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:50:55 -0700

Most IP encapsulation delivery mechanisms stuff the IP packets into MPE
DSM-CC Sections at some point. So you're indirectly doing DSM-CC if you
like it or not. Or something along those lines. Anyhow, I'm curious to
read the document and see if it is anything beyond 'extended' DSM-CC
carousels.

I notice one company (Broadcast Data Corporation) purports to have a
nationwide firmware updating delivery mechanism using CS/97. But I also
notice their 'SDK' is in 'beta'. Hmmmmmmm...

Cheers
Kon