[opendtv] Re: ATSC software download standard

  • From: "Mark O'Brien" <mobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:20:38 -0400

I believe the new standard uses DSM-CC.
Mark
________________________________

From: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Kon Wilms
Sent: Mon 10/11/2004 7:50 PM
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opendtv] Re: ATSC software download standard

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
> This is something I've been expecting for some years. Using
> ATSC datacasting to update receiver firmware.
>
> But I couldn't find this candidate standard just now,
> when I checked the ATSC web site.

Same here, no document to be found. I am curious if this still uses the
antiquated SDP/SAP announcement model.

I should mention that we can already update our receiver firmware using
datacasting. Not really a 'consumer' receiver but an embedded system
nevertheless ('professional' may be a better word, since consumer
devices usually don't have WAN/LAN routing and web-based management
onboard :-) ).

Cheers
Kon