[opendtv] Re: ATSC experience

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:28:06 -0800 (PST)

Although the R-S Accurian HTS-6000 reportedly uses the Thomson DTF8600 tuner
module, I have yet to see anyone report what ATSC Decoder chip is used.
It might be the RECTANGULAR chip in the far left of this picture, which would
mean it is apparently not one of the SQUARE chips found on other manufacturer's
websites:
http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/MiniSites/Display/TunersRFSolutions/ModelDetail.html?category=Digital%20Terrestrial%20Tuners%20NIMs&model=DTF86XX
Click on the Datasheet for a better picture.
So is anyone brave enough to open it up and take a look???
Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to see the chip through a hole in the tin
can....

                         <holl_ands>

=======================================================+
Albert Manfredi <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Tom Barry wrote:

>Glad to hear you are enjoying your Accurian Xmas
>present.  I think I mentioned a few days ago I still
>considered that mostly a winner, at least at that price.

Thanks, Tom.

I rather obsessed over whether my ghosts tended to
be leading or lagging, before hoping for good ATSC
reception, specifically because I am not at all convinced
that the Accurian is anything more than a decent 3rd
gen receiver. I have seen no test results for it, so I'd
hate anyone to assume it was a 4th or 5th gen product
that somehow went unnoticed.