[opendtv] Re: A Perfect Storm Hits Media Businesses

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 13:53:50 +0000

The brodacsters controlled the content because they build the pipes and by
defentoition need to build the content to feed the pipes. In current Inetrnet
sitiuition the telcos and cablecos do build the pipes but it is diffuclut to
image how they can control the content unless it is done on fare competition
basis by investment into good quality content and competing with everybody else
attached to these pipes.
Mike Tsinberg
http://www.keydigital.com