[opendtv] Re: 20050720 Wolfsson's Wednesday Words (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:23:58 -0400

> Furthermore, where aim is most critical is typically closer
> in, where antenna gain would tend to be less of an issue.

What I meant to say is "where aiming at different azimuths is
most critical is typically closer in ... ," which is also
where antenna gain can be low, and antennas small.

In fringe areas, even non-colocated transmitters will often
effectively be colocated.

Not to mention that as DTT receivers achieve decent echo
tolerance, antenna aiming should be far less criticial than
it was in analog reception.