[opendtv] Re: 20050524 Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:45:29 -0400

> - Perhaps it's, therefore, worth noting that satellite-TV
> reception seems to be easy, even in moving vehicles with
> phased-array antennas:
> http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosconsumer/0505/23/A01-190193.htm

I would expect an automatically steered phased array antenna,
along with line of sight to the TV tower, would work wonders
for even the most delicate of RF links.

On the other hand, since DBS does not have the land-based
repeaters that Sirius and XM Radio rely on, I would expect
the DBS TV signal to be lost when the vehicle is used in
urban canyons, underpasses, tree-lined streets, etc.