[opendtv] Re: 200 Mile 8VSB Reception

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:02:44 -0500

This guy is a real expert.  He proved that when he wrote:

"Here we are getting KGTV-DT (the -DT stands for high definition) on Channel 25 from San Diego. This is how we watched most of the Rose Bowl game. KGTV is the ABC affiliate for San Diego."

In the 1999 Sinclair Baltimore tests, WXXI (a PBS affiliate) tested both ATSC and DVB-T in the far field and found no measurable difference in reception. I've posted

Yeah, I'd try that with low power COFDM, John.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At the risk of putting Bob Miller back in the hospital .

(try this with low power COFDM)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/docsearls/342324583/in/set-72157594453965824/
(click next to advance)

(Cadged from Bob Gonsett's newsletter)

John Willkie

P.S.  Yet someone else who doesn't know that "OTA is dead" and "8-VSB
doesn't work."  When will they ever learn?