[openbeosstorage] Re: Amiga RDB

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 19:53:54 +0200 CEST

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > We should give Amiga RDB the higher priority, because it's superior
> > to the Intel partitioning scheme - but OTOH almost no one uses it,
> > and
> > it would slow down booting, so I wouldn't even consider doing that
> > :-)
> > So how does your ignoring side feel about this? :)
> Confused basically. Do you want to ignore Amiga RDB, because
> virtually
> noone is using it, or ignore that it would be possible to have both
> RDB
> and Intel style partitions on the same disk?

Ignore the fact that this would be possible, and give the Amiga RDB a
lower priority on x86 systems. For PPC, we should give it a higher
priority due to the fact that the Pegasos seems to use it as its native
format.
Ah well, I think we can tune this stuff later as well - we should have
everything up and running first, anyway :-)

Adios...
   Axel.