[openbeosnetteam] Re: about net_server and food for thought

  • From: "Hugo Santos" <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:49:27 +0100

On 4/2/07, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe I misunderstand you, but the name of the changed attribute is already
included in the node monitoring message and even was under BeOS (unlike
documented in the BeBook). Cf.
src/system/kernel/fs/node_monitor.cpp:notify_attribute_changed().

 Ah! I knew i should have checked. :-) I was reading the BeBook (it
has been a while) and the name was missing, but i had the feeling that
in one of my past applications i had used it. Oh well, even better.
:-)

Sorry, can't really comment any of your suggestions, since my networking
knowledge is quite limited. I'm a big fan of file systems, though. :-P

 I was thinking that we could even optionally make the network stack
"run" in userspace by using userlandfs.

 Hugo