[openbeosnetteam] Re: about net_server and food for thought

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:39:00 +0200

On 2007-04-02 at 18:58:06 [+0200], Hugo Santos <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>   One possibility would be to augment node watching to handle a new
> flag requesting the name of the attributes that were changed to be
> included in the message. We could then instead of having '0/name' have
> 'name' as an attribute of 0.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but the name of the changed attribute is already
included in the node monitoring message and even was under BeOS (unlike
documented in the BeBook). Cf.
src/system/kernel/fs/node_monitor.cpp:notify_attribute_changed().

Sorry, can't really comment any of your suggestions, since my networking
knowledge is quite limited. I'm a big fan of file systems, though. :-P

CU, Ingo