[openbeosnetteam] Re: Tests plan?

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:54:16 GMT

> Hey Gang,

:-)

> I also think we should capture a core dump on Philippe's and
> Waldemar's
> brain.  You and I are coming into this cold (which has its
> advantages),
> but a quick proverbial "state of the union address" definitely
> couldn't
> hurt.

Just wait my next brain crash, and I'll post you the core file :-p
Should not take too much time, as I'm under heavy pressure at
University these weeks,
a segfault is higly expected shortly...

I don't how best we, I and Waldemar, could hands you a good, detailed
picture of current stack inner working.
Guess it's time we add content to this little current/docs/develop/net/
stack.html page!

And/or you can ask specific questions, we'll try our best to answer
them.

> > I personally am testing the stack initially by running through each
> > of our available network applications:
> >
> > arp
> > ifconfig
> > ping
> > route
> > traceroute
>
> How about more abusive things like nmap (or the Be equivalent), ping
> floods, and multicast?
>
> Do we have a way to test things like IGMP or PIM?  What about UDP?

Testing IGMP is easy: we don't have any support yet!
But maybe you mean ICMP here, right?

Anyway, I agree, we need some reliable TCP/IP testing
tool. Maybe we can port an open-source one available in the Web
wildness?
Who wants to hunt it?

- Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

If you keep anything long enough, you can throw it away.