[open-beos-printing] Re: PDF Writer name conflict

  • From: philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx
  • To: open-beos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:04:00 +0200 (MEST)

Michael wrote:
> Ok, I have not found a sign on the internet that "PDF Writer" is a
> registered trademark.
> But I am still for a namechange so it can not be mistaken with
> the Mac or Windows version.

As BeBits' "PDF Writer email publisher" current recipient, now
I can see your point here ;-)

I get sometimes emails from Windows users asking about "where is
the driver for my xxxxx printer?".
They don't even bother to say that they're using Windows, nor to read
the driver web page where it's written in big letters it's for BeOS...
<sigh>

But, it's not that much often. And I kind of like the "PDF Writer"
name. Okay, I'm subjective on that topic ;-)
If you have a better/good new name, it's all right for me.
I'm just a bad namer myself to suggest a new one.

-Philippe