[open-beos-printing] Re: PDF Writer name conflict

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: open-beos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:32:07 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

> Michael Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > browsing throught the Adobe Acrobat documentation I found that
> > Adobe has or had a product called PDF Writer. On their web site
> > they offer a version for Win95 dated 2/7/1996 for download,
> > so should we change the name=3F And to what=3F
> >
> > BTW a search on Google for "PDF Writer" lists the BeBits entry
> > on 3rd place.
>
> PDF Writer is part of Acrobat Distiller for both Mac and Windoze.
>
> However I don't believe this would cause any trouble. But if you
choose
> to change its name, I'd suggest DirectPDF.

I don't believe it would too.

However,  we always could change the name if it's needed.
PDF Maker, PDF Generator, PDF Factory, PDF whatever!
It's not name ideas that lacking.... We can even ask OpenBeOS to launch
another name fest!
;-)

Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Real programmers disdain structured programming.  Structured
programming is for compulsive neurotics who were prematurely toilet-
trained.  They wear neckties and carefully line up pencils on otherwise
clear desks.