[ola] brain research

  • From: Shawn Diez <shawn_diez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 23:00:28 -0700

I've had some conversations about two things that I'd love to share with
students this week during English week but I'd like some resources. Sorry
if these were sent but I can't find anything. Any videos or studies would
be great to have.

The first is about how long it takes for your brain to adjust to L2 after
it has been in english. I want to use this as a way to impress the
importance of staying in L2.

Secondly, is the amount of hours it takes to get from Novice Low to
Intermediate Mid or High. Would love to talk about that as well to
illustrate how it takes a lot of effort to learn a language. Yet, to
partner that with some of the other videos and info that have been going
around on this listserv regarding how quickly you can learn basics and
communicate; I think it would be a nice combination.
Thanks for any info you can pass on.

Shawn Diez
MS Spanish / MS Counselor
shawn_diez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx