[ola] Re: Trying this out today

  • From: Noe Riojas <nriojas.gfu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 18:11:39 -0700

Love it! Love this artist, so talented. I love receiving all these free tips,
videos, strategies, ect., but I get around 20 emails per day, tough to sift
through without getting overwhelmed and just hitting delete, delete,
delete....Just a thought, not sure if I want anything done about it, just
thinking out loud, or silently over email, estoy/soy poco loco, pero asi me
quieren mis alumnos, por lo menos eso me dicen, para John Mangan, I'm a little
crazy but my students like me that way, at least that's what they say...

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:19:43 -0400
Subject: [ola] Re: Trying this out today
From: emilygerstner@xxxxxxxxx
To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just used this song in class the other day! I used the subtitled/illustrated
version that Stel just sent out. We listened once through, then students made
two lists, Me gusta/No me gusta, and wrote down as much vocab from the song as
they could and shared with a partner.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Kate FriendlyJones
<kate.friendlyjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is the version that I used!!!!!!  I like it because it has visuals and
doesn't include Me gusta Marijuana.

Kate

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Stel Schmalz <sschmalz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Not Ashley's frog version but this is an edited version for spanish classes (
for those using it today).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsQaqViiwU

Stel

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Call Daniel <dcall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here’s a link to an easily modified game that I’m trying out today:
http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activity/my-name-is-and-i-like-to-.html

I’ve really stressed to students the importance of knowing each other’s names
(for the sake of community and trust) and we’ve been playing with likes/dislikes
 this week (¡me gustas tú!), so this combines them fairly well.

Dan Call
Spanish Teacher
Franklin Pierce High School

--