[ola] Re: Spanish today

  • From: "Jody Soberon" <JodySo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 08:37:55 -0700

WOW! I love it, I keep threatening, or rather, asking students if I should just
get out the textbooks; it is an overwheming "no" with maybe 1-2 yeses. Bravo
for jumping right in and teaching them "a lesson" . ;)

Jody

>>> Nanosh Lucas <nanoshlucas@xxxxxxxxx> 4/17/2013 2:45 PM >>>
Helola,

I had an unknown sub do an OLA lesson w/the students in all my classes. One
class totally derailed the lesson. I was so angry that I brought out the
textbooks. I told students, "thank you for respecting this lesson, even though
you don't like it." (Sort of the lesson, isn't it?)

I have to tell you, teaching out of the textbook was so easy I barely felt like
I was working. Aside from students whining, "How long are we going to learn
like this?" Two students complemented the lesson. I spoke plenty of English. It
was awesome. The students know that I am irritated. I am trying to hold on to
the advice my principal gave me last year, which was basically something like,
"Don't ever lose your spirit." With that book, though, I don't have to care
anymore. It feels nice to detach like that for a minute. I also realized I can
teach a whole lot better with that thing than I could when I started. It was a
pretty good textbook lesson.

Hope you are all dealing with your struggles better than me.

Adios,

Lucas