[ola] Re: Songs!

  • From: Call Daniel <dcall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 23:19:36 +0000

Some huge hits I've had with students include:
Sacar la Voz by Ana Tijoux - an MC from Chile, packs a mean punch, powerful
lyrics.  If you Cloze this song, it makes for a great exercise on
subject/adjective agreement..
Chicas de hoy by Tatiana - Cheese value!  This old track from the 80s could
double as background music for a tampon ad.  My students couldn't get enough,
and I had them rewrite and perform a verse in groups.

Dan Call
Spanish Teacher
Franklin Pierce High School

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:43:37 -0400
Subject: [ola] Songs!
From: hambrozaitis@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hambrozaitis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi everyone,

I'm doing my música miércoles (music Wednesday) this year with OWL... AH! This
morning I had one tough class and one decent one with a Juanes song and am
wondering what kinds of things people have tried.

Thanks!!!

Heidi

P.S. First day was GREAT! :) Thank you all for being so supportive.