[ola] Re: My favorite thing...

  • From: Kate Kuravackal <donakuravackal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 21:09:38 -0800

 . . . when my students come and show me their phones after class because
they've been texting in Spanish about everything from math homework to hair
to boys and using some of the texting codes we talked about in class.
 . . . when my students tell me that they went to the theme park and
understood that the people standing behind them in line said they were
short. And they briskly told them they understood what they were saying. So
there.
 , , , when each student beams and/or turns beet red as they sit on the
stool in my cheezy sombrero as they entire class booms "Las Mananitas" to
them on their birthday.