[ola] Minute of Silence/Mindfulness

  • From: Warren Billings <wbillings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 15:38:07 -0500

I would like to do a minute of silence/mindfulness with one of my classes.

How do you do it?

I'm thinking of just saying a minute of silence in L2 and staying with them
in the circle, not even look at a clock or phone, just guess the timing.
Modeling what you're supposed to do.

I want them to have mindful thoughts during this time. Not what someone
just said to you, the text you got, etc. I want them to think about what we
learned yesterday, what you want to learn today, areas of focus, etc.

How do you do it? How do you think it should be done?* I'm looking for
specific wording. *

It's a group of freshmen that are crazy energetic. Super talkative in
English. There are like three groups that are the main players and I can't
get them to stop talking in English. I am trying other strategies with them
but this is one thing I would like to try.

Thank you,
Warren

--
Warren Billings