[ola] Fwd: Per 4

  • From: Jody Soberón <jodysoberon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 18:52:43 -0700

Hi all,

This attached i smy board for the 1st week, (4 days!) in my rocking-est
Span 1 class. It seems that the amount of vocab generated is phenomenal!!!
And they are so involved it is really exciting! It must be this incoming
group, they are so supportive and really helping each other stay in
Spanish, they say "1-2-3, no más inglés", to each other without my
prodding! Pretty cool :) My Span 2 classes have about half of that vocab,
are having a really hard time not speaking English. This latter problem is
partially my fault because last year I allowed them to say "Cómo se dice"
and the English word, which does NOT follow the OWL's immersion rules of:
Say it in Spanish, i.e. circumlocute it; Draw it, Act it out, etc.

Anyway, my problem class is slowly shaping up because I am simply not
tolerating English and every other class is so fun and amazing! I thank you
all for your support and ideas this week, and during our Bootcamp!
Phenomenal!

Best to you all,

Jody