[ola] Re: Composition notebooks

  • From: "Jody Soberon" <JodySo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:19:10 -0700

I was thinking that for this issue, for those of us who use Comp books,
students could either open to the page and stack them several in a stack, or
have students use either a book mark, post it note or other stick arrow on the
page.

Jody

Thanks Sarah for pointing that out!! I also just look over their books in class
so I don't have to do so many at once. That part totally overwhelms me. p-)

Foreign Languages
Brookings Harbor High School
>>> Sarah Powell <sarahjeanpowell@xxxxxxxxx> 9/10/2013 3:55 PM >>>
I find that I can save an hour and a half of grading time if they use a spiral
notebook, and leave it open to the page I want to look at. It is really amazing
how much time just opening a comp book to the right page takes when you
multiply it by 150 (or more)!

Sarah

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Jody Soberon <JodySo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Heidi,
I really recommend and prefer the Comp book over anything else because it is
more durable and an easier surface to write on and in , it is a smaller size
and easy to bring to class, move around in class and pass back and forth when
we do write and share.
Also, they are easier for me to handle and read through when I am looking at
their work or going through 100 or more at a time. And they are nice and sturdy
and a fine keepsake.
Hope that helps, :)
Jody Soberon

Foreign Languages
Brookings Harbor High School
>>> Heidi Hewitt <heidihewitt13@xxxxxxxxx> 9/10/2013 9:15 AM >>>
Helloo,

Quick question:
How important is it for students to have a composition book versus a regular
notebook?

Please weigh in if you can help me explain why it's important (or not) for them
to have this.

Thanks!

Heidi