[ola] Re: Activities/games

  • From: Warren Billings <wbillings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 13:28:31 -0400

There's a cool game that Annie taught me where everyone stands in the
circle with their right hand high and left hand low. We all sing together
and you clap the hand of the person to your left on each syllable. Whenever
the song ends that person starts the song over. I'm not sure what the
rhythm goes to but it goes like this:

lunes martes, lunes martes,

MIÉRCOLES, MIÉRCOLES,

jueves viernes sábado, jueves viernes sábado,

domingo, domingo

I also hold up my hand and go through the days of the week like that, thumb
is Monday, Saturday and Sunday are off the hand. In between songs I quiz
them on what was the most quietly sung day. Usually it's jueves o viernes.
So I'll say clase: ¿cuál día es? and hold up my hand and grab my ring
finger. The moment someone says it we start it back up so that it's
reinforced by the song.

Also if you can think of any events you can ask what day it is on. We just
added today, tomorrow, and yesterday to our vocab lists and I quiz them
asking what day was yesterday, etc.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Jessica Bencosme <bencosmejessica@xxxxxxxxx

--
Warren Billings