[ola] Re: 1st and 2nd year -

  • From: Emily Gerstner <emilygerstner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 17:33:13 -0500

I definitely second talk about friends and family members. Also, I like to
hold students accountable when they talk to partners by asking them what
partners had to say. Or, I've done activities where students respond in
writing after some kind of speaking activity by writing about what they
have in common/whether they agree or disagree with the people they talked
to (i.e. "We think that...." or "So-and-so and I don't agree because..." or
"So-and-so and I are different because....").

--
Emily Gerstner
Teach For America Corps Member

(781) 258-4530