[obol] puffins, terns and ospreys return

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Susan Boac <seasidesusan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:23:42 -0700

Today I saw two CASPIAN TERNS on Youngs Bay near Wireless Rd.  They
are right on time.

There were at least two TUFTED PUFFINS on Haystack Rock today.  I saw
singles birds on several occasions flying around the rock that may or
may not have been the same bird.  A flying bird landed at one point
on the rock near the burrows and I saw a second bird standing with it.
These are on the early side, but only by a week or so.

I saw my first OSPREY of the season yesterday at Sunset Lake.  Neal
Maine has been checking nest sites throughout the area and reports
birds at Warrenton and Gearhart as well.  The Broadway Park birds have
not yet been seen.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR