[obol] Re: [PortlandAreaBirds] Re: PINE GROSBEAKK --Mt Tabor Park (Portland)

  • From: Gerard Lillie <gerardlillie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tlove@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <tlove@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:23:33 -0700

Much like my Rustic Bunting at Mt. Tabor experience, i.e. missing the bird by 5
minutes, I was there in litterally about two minutes since I was already in the
park and Tom called me right away. We looked for about 45 minutes with no
success. The first spring bird song walk is this Wedensday and if we run into
it I'll be sure to post it, but don't hold your breath.

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR
From: tlove@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx; obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] Re: [PortlandAreaBirds] Re: PINE GROSBEAKK --Mt Tabor Park
(Portland)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 21:31:50 +0000

If the bird continues, please post details.  Thanks.

Tom L.

From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 10:44 AM

To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [PortlandAreaBirds] Re: PINE GROSBEAKK --Mt Tabor Park (Portland)

correction: it was WNW of "the top" about 40 yards from the pave loop.

Tom

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Tom McNamara
<tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At about 9:50 today I found a Pine Grosbeak just ENE of "the top" .  It
vocalized repeatedly and, though the light and viewing angles were not too
good, a gentleman passerby,  who had a camera, got a photo.

Don't have that with me... yet, after email exchange that should be forthcoming.

good birding,

Tom