[obol] Re: deciding about Plumbeous Vireo sightings in Oregon

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 18:41:45 -0700

After reading the posts related to this topic, it seems that any vireo in
Southeast Oregon that falls within a reasonable range of Cassin's-like
plumage can be safely reported as a Cassin's. However, if I happen to
encounter a very gray-looking individual with an overwhelming lack of
yellow (and I haven't yet), I'd probably be inclined to enter it as a
"Solitary" and use the Comments section of eBird to note that, "This is
likely a Cassin's but, due to x, y, and z, Plumbeous cannot be completely
ruled out."

That should satisfy all parties. And if it doesn't, too bad, because nobody
is paying me to enter my findings. :P

Brandon
Eugene