[obol] Re: clackamas co egrets

  • From: Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 09:49:25 -0700

As an out-of-the-area birder, I find this thread interesting. Smith-Bybee is not very far from Clackamas County by my reckoning and it gets dozens of egrets. I'm surprised that places along the Clackamas River like Barton Park or some of the farm fields out that way don't occasionally get flocks of egrets. There seems to be a lot of open area around the confluence of the Clackamas and Willamette Rivers that would be ideal for egret flocks after a good week of rain.

On 3/19/2016 7:10 AM, Robert O'Brien wrote:

Interesting. Several were reported from sauvie is. Yesterday. I wonder if they are coming north? Do they winter on sauvie is?

--
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for
sure that just ain't so.

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,