[obol] Yellow-throated Warbler homeowner issues

  • From: Christopher Hinkle <christopher.hinkle2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:57:59 -0800

What did the birders do to upset the homeowners? Were they just walking the
common gravel drive? Or did they go right up to the house?

Unless I'm mistaken, if there's no "private drive" or "no trespassing" sign
at a border between the public right or way and a private drive, according
to Oregon law, birding on that road is not considered trespassing. Is this
correct? I'm just wondered if the birders actually trespassed, or if the
owners were upset because the birders were merely being inconsiderate.

I did not go on the gravel driveway, nor am I condoning it. And I realize
there is a no trespassing sign now. Even if it's legal, it is good to
consider the wishes of the landowner anyway.

Good luck to the warbler and warbler chasers. It's supposed to snow
tomorrow.

Cheers,

Chris Hinkle